Demonstrate proficiency with technologies common to a specific occupation.
DefinitionDemonstration includes selecting and safely using technological resources (e.g., equipment, machines, tools, electronics) to accomplish work efficiently and productively, while considering environmental impacts of such technologies.
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will demonstrate knowledge of personal finance and career opportunities by
- identifying talents, interests, and aspirations that influence career choice;
- identifying attitudes and behaviors that strengthen the individual work ethic and promote career success;
- identifying abilities, skills, and education and the changing supply and demand for them in the economy;
- examining the impact of technological change and globalization on career opportunities;
- describing the importance of education to lifelong personal finances;
- examining the financial responsibilities of citizenship, including evaluating common forms of credit, savings, investments, purchases, contractual agreements, warranties, and guarantees.
The student will demonstrate knowledge of economic, social, cultural, and political developments in recent decades and today by
- examining the role the United States Supreme Court has played in defining a constitutional right to privacy, affirming equal rights, and upholding the rule of law;
- analyzing the changing patterns of immigration, the reasons why new immigrants choose to come to this country, their contributions to contemporary America, and the debates over immigration policy;
- explaining the media influence on contemporary American culture and how scientific and technological advances affect the workplace, health care, and education;
- examining the impact of the “Reagan Revolution” on federalism, the role of government, and state and national elections since 1988;
- assessing the role of government actions that impact the economy;
- assessing the role of the United States in a world confronted by international terrorism.